In order to customize the RTC defects section you must have admin rights and RTC Eclipse client installed. Let’s say that a defect is reproducing on more browsers and you want to add such field in the defect section. Here is an example of a multi check box field named Browser with values:
Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6, Safari 5, Chrome.
- Login to RTC Eclipse client using an admin account. Right click on the project from the Team Artefacts view and select Open. A window with the Project Area is displayed. Go to Process Configuration tab. In the bellow screenshot the project name is Test:
- Go to Project Configuration -> Configuration Data -> Work Items -> Enumeration Add an Enumeration called browsers with the values: Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6, Safari 5, Chrome:
- Go to Types and Attributes and add a Custom attributes with following parameters: – Name: browsers – ID: browsers – Type: Large String
- Go to Editor Presentation and select the com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default presentation. In the Editor Presentation details section go to Overview -> Details and click Add Presentation… button.
- In the Add Presentation pop up window select the following: – Attribute-based Presentation radio box – Attribute: browsers – Kind: Checkbox Multi-Select List Add an entry in the Properties section with the following attributes: – Key: enumeration – Value: browser Click OK and then save the project.
- Go to RTC web client -> Work Items -> Create Defect The added check box field is available: