The Test Specialist understands the business requirements, designs and executes test cases in order to achieve an optimal requirement coverage. She or he participates in the test design and architecture of the application and is able to fulfill the tasks according to the test strategy. Assists more junior members of the team and controls their work where applicable.
What you’ll do:
- Designs, develops and documents functional and non-functional test cases.
- Executes and documents functional and/or non-functional test cases according to the testing path chosen.
- Executes manual and/or automated test cases according to the test path chosen.
- Works closely with the test lead, software architect and contributes in defining the optimum test solution.
- Reports, tracks and retests defects.
- Understands the test strategy and ensures that every task is fulfilled according to it.
- Provides test estimates and supports the test lead with input for the test reporting, test documentation and planning.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience in Software Testing in at least one of the testing paths described above.
- Experience in test method, test design, test execution, test documentation, reporting and specification.
- Experience in understanding, creating and adapting the test architecture.
- Experience in understanding, creating and adapting the test strategy.
- Design, creation and execution of functional and/or non-functional test cases.
- Design, creation and execution of manual and/or automated test cases.
- General Overview on the Software Development Lifecycle.
- ISTQB Foundation is a plus.
- Nice to have experience in technologies like (or similar to): XML, Integration Bus, SOA, Cloud, JEE, UML, Architecture Modelling, Integration Architecture, Linux, Jenkins.
- Nice to have experience in tools like (or similar to): Confluence, JIRA, Selenium, Performance Testing Tools.
- Test Data Management: Data Modelling, Test Data Architecture, OPTIM, Data Anonymization, DWH Test, Data Migration Test.
- Test Data Management: Definition of Test Data Management Concepts; Understanding of the client’s business in order to fulfil the test teams need to cover all relevant test data.
- Good communication skills, team player.
- Ability to contribute to QA strategy and Architecture decisions.
- Ability to solve business or production problems.
- Keeps pace with technical innovation.
- Proficient written and spoken English.
- Proficient written and spoken German.
Experience and Education Required:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in computer science or software engineering – (or equivalent diploma/work experience).